Nobody said this would be easy. Sure, you went to school. You finished school. Maybe you even went into debt or spent a lot of money you saved. But wait. There’s MORE WORK to do? It’s NOT FAIR out there?
TRUE. TRUE. TRUE.
Unlike school, there are no “correct” answers and nobody can just “give you the answer in the back of the book” or “tell you what’s going to be on the test.” So, get over yourself and realize you’re not special. You’re going to have to work, and you’re going to have to work…HARD. It’s going to take time. And, you’re going to FAIL some of the tests (but unlike school you won’t get kicked out, it doesn’t end when you fail — and you aren’t judged for it).
But with every failure, you are one step closer to figuring out what WORKS.
Here’s FIVE ways practitioners sabotage their own success, and 12 things they can DO ABOUT IT.
Get the secret insider tactics of an $816,000/yr 3-location holistic clinic.
Mailed to you every month for $7.
KICK ASS and CHANGE LIVES. For the price of a LATTE?
#1: FEELING SORRY FOR THEMSELVES
I get it. Something bad happens and you wish you could have done it over. Could have done it better. Could have done…could have done…could have done…you get the picture. And THEN, all the “could haves” end up keeping us STUCK in the past. STUCK in UN-FORGIVENESS of ourselves. Look. It’s done. It’s over. The only reality that exists — exists in the PRESENT MOMENT.
- LOVE YOURSELF. Fully and UNCONDITIONALLY. None of us is “perfect,” nor will we ever be. We’re not that way by design. Our “imperfections” allow us to learn and grow and make meaning of this ever expanding world.
- Resist JUDGEMENT of yourself. Seek the lesson learned in the process, grab it and bend the UNIVERSE to YOUR WILL.
#2: THINKING THERE’S A SHORTCUT
The “shortcut” mentality is a real killer. By looking for shortcuts these people actually DELAY finding the REAL PATH. It’s a little bit like the “answer in the back of the book” syndrome. There’s GOT to be a “trick”, a “secret”…I’m here to tell you, there’s NOT.
- STOP looking for quick-fixes and STOP trying to avoid discomfort.
- DO THE WORK.
#3: BEING TOO ATTACHED TO MONEY
Maybe there’s debt. OK. Maybe there’s limited resources with which to move forward. OK. Maybe it’s SCARY to put your money into something that isn’t guaranteed AT ALL (think about how acclimated we’ve all become to feeling entitled to a guaranteed result when we buy stuff). OK. So WHAT?
- Take on MORE debt to finance your GROWTH – aka borrow money to MAKE MONEY (versus borrowing money to get a degree which doesn’t guarantee you any money).
- Do WHATEVER you can with the LIMITED resources you may have now. RESOURCEFULNESS is the most important quality of the successful healer and business owner.
#4: THINKING THEY’RE OBLIGATED TO GET RESULTS
Patients often get better. And, just as often, they don’t. Being attached to outcome is the single most direct path to something that destroys the dreams of many a great healer and leads to BURNOUT.
- Totally buy into the concept that YOU ARE NOT GOD.
- RECOGNIZE that your patient is bringing a TON of momentum and karma with them into the process. You’re not BUDDHA either.
#5: NOT ASKING FOR HELP
People will struggle for YEARS – DECADES even – and never ask for help. As if there’s a special trophy for figuring it all out themselves. There’s NOT.
- GET HELP from people who are ahead of you.
- PAY FOR IT if you have to (valuable stuff is NEVER free).
- BE COACHABLE and keep an open mind.
- Be willing to TRY NEW STUFF – especially if the stuff you’re doing isn’t working so well.
Look. SUCCESS does NOT fall out of the sky. And it’s DEFINITELY NOT something we’re entitled to just because we’re SMART, TALENTED, EDUCATED, DEGREED, WELL-READ, COOL, NICE, SPIRITUAL. Success is something you WANT, then CREATE. Simple as that. ❤️
To Your Ultimate Victory,
Ready to break through to the NEXT LEVEL in your practice?
Whether you're looking to go from zero to 40 patients a week, or ready to scale up past 60 - 80 patients a week, bring on associates, build killer systems so you can have MORE IMPACT and MORE INCOME without selling out or burning out...
I've got some damn cool ways for you to get started:
- The War Room Dispatch. It's my $7/month newsletter (mailed to you old school) with cutting-edge marketing, business, and mindset strategies from the front lines of a $816,000 / yr cash-based holistic medical practice. What's working and, maybe even more important, what's NOT. Click here to get the low-down on "The Dispatch".
- Check out my FREE training where I teach the core rituals and systems of how we continuously attract HIGHLY MOTIVATED prospective patients via VERY SIMPLE highly targeted ads, and rapidly convert those prospects into followers (aka patients for life) using a process that is authentic, trust-based, and relationship-centered. Click here for instant access.
- Book a FREE Strategy Session with me. Available on a limited basis, these strategy sessions are designed to help you get clarity on what's holding you back from where YOU want to be in your practice. No salesy, pushy, high-pressure BS, just an honest conversation where you'll learn the MOST CRITICAL steps to taking your practice to the NEXT LEVEL in 6-12 months. And, if it's a good fit, we can talk about my exclusive War Room small group mentorship program where I'll work with you ONE-ON-ONE to help you build YOUR High-Impact, High-Income practice that is rooted in your AUTHENTIC mission and purpose. Click here to learn more about your FREE Strategy Session.
- I highly recommend you join the community and discussion in my Powerful Talk With Powerful Acupuncturists Facebook Group. You'll meet cool people just like you who are done whining and complaining and just want to learn how to be High-Impact and High-Income without selling out.
- 5-Element Functional Medicine is a unique synergy of Functional Medicine with TCM and Taoist Five-Phase Alchemy I've developed over 14 years in the trenches as a specialist in holistic endocrinology here in Houston. Works for thyroid, PCOS, infertility, menopausal syndrome and all manner of hormonal patterns. It RADICALLY SIMPLIFIES And ACCELERATES Effective Assessment, Diagnosis, and Treatment Of Complex, Chronic Conditions with a Holistic approach incorporating Supplements, Visualization and Meditation, Herbal, and Physical Techniques (such as Acupuncture or other bodywork therapies).Learn more about that here.
Want to learn the NEW way to MORE Patients, MORE Impact, and MORE Income?
Check out Chris' FREE Training